Thank you for visiting GeorgeHickox.com, the web site of George Hickox Bird Dogs. Because we share your concerns about privacy, we are letting you know how we collect information about you, what information we collect, how we use the information, under what circumstances we disclose it, and what choices are available to you regarding such data collection. When you visit our site you may provide us with two types of information: non-personal information that is collected on an aggregate basis from all users; and personal information you voluntarily choose to disclose through filling out a profile form.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do nothing during your visit but browse, read pages, or download information, our site will automatically record the following information about your visit without reference to your personal identity:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service.
- The type of browser that you use.
- The type of operating system that you use.
- The date and time you visit our site, and the web pages that you visit on our site.
- The address of the previous web site you visited, if you linked to us from another web site.
- The address of the next web site you visit, if you linked to it from our site.
This information is used to help us diagnose technical problems. We also use this information to track user interests so that we can provide content of interest to our site’s users. We gather this information in the aggregate — as a total, not linked to individual users — and we may share it with certain other reputable entities which share our interests.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
George Hickox Bird Dogs collects and uses personal information that you voluntarily provide for the purposes described below. By “personal information” we mean information that on its own can specifically identify you. This includes, among other things, your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card number, etc.
1. Order Form: We request information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as name, address, phone and e-mail) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact you.
2. Feedback and Other Contact Forms: While we do not ordinarily share personal information that you provide to us on feedback and other contact forms with third parties, depending on the reason(s) for your contact, it may be necessary to share personal information with third parties to comply with your request.
3. Miscellaneous: You may choose to participate in other activities at our sites that may require you to disclose personal information. These activities may include discussion forums, email lists, polls, questionnaires, surveys, contests, etc. Because of the nature of these activities, we may share personal information of all participants with third parties.
George Hickox Bird Dogs does not currently use “cookies,” but reserves the right to do so in the future. “Cookies” are small files that allow web site providers to store and sometimes track what you are looking at when you visit sites. Most Internet browsers have settings that let you identify or reject cookies. If you are concerned about the potential use of information gathered from your computer by “cookies,” you can set your browser to prompt you before it accepts a cookie.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The privacy policies and practices contained in this Privacy Statement do not apply to ANY external links. This Privacy Statement applies only to our site or any future sites that we may develop. It does not cover sites that are linked to our sites for which we are not responsible. These linked sites will have their own policies and practices that may be different from ours. Please familiarize yourself with the practices of linked sites, especially if you provide personal information to them.
AMENDMENTS AND CONSENT TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
George Hickox Bird Dogs retains the right to amend or otherwise update this Privacy Statement at any time. By using our site, you consent to the collection and use of the information as we have described. If we change our policies and practices, we will post the changes in our Privacy Statement so that you are always aware of them. With this knowledge, you can make an informed decision about whether you wish to provide personal information to us.